08 November 2011

Delicious Pecan Pie


 

I love pecan pie! It represents everything warm and yummy about the fall!

I used to make this at the store that I worked at last and it sure was a hit!

This version is not too sweet. The pecans really do a great job at balancing out the sweet!

Here is the recipe!


Vegan Pecan Butter Tart Pie!
makes 1- 9" pie


Ingredients:

1 pre-baked pie crust, regular pastry crust or granola nut crust (ask if you need a recipe! )
¾ cup pecan halves

½ cup brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup spelt flour
½ cup So Delicious vanilla coconut milk, soy creamer or canned coconut milk or any other non-dairy milk
3 Tbsp Earth Balance, cut into chunky pieces
2 tsp pure vanilla extract ( a bit more if using original flavored non-dairy milk)
½ tsp pure maple extract
¼ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread pecans over the bottom of your pre-baked pie crust.
Loosely mix all other ingredients (leaving chunks of Earth Balance) in a bowl and pour into crust and bake for 1 hour!!
Watch it bubble! Let it cool for an hour and dig in! :)



PECAN TREE



BEAUTIFUL PECAN







2 comments:

  1. Yum! This reminds me of grandma's famous butter tarts! I haven't made them in a couple of years -next time I will def try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know! She was my inspiration! :) Although It's been so long since I've tasted hers..

    ReplyDelete