08 February 2012

Cumin Mustard Sandwich Drizzler

Try this Cumin Mustard Sandwich Drizzler on your next avacado, sprout, tomato and lettuce sandwich and see you'll see just how delicious avocados can be!




I created this recipe based on a sauce that I tasted years ago at Herb's, a small bistro in Montreal. They used this sauce on sandwiches and salads. It was so delicious! Since I don't live there anymore and still wanted to be able to eat this regularly, I made it myself! I think it tasted pretty authentic.

I know that most vegans don't regularly eat honey, I don't want to start a debate! I have used it in the past. These days I'll only eat it if I'm out and if it's in something that is otherwise vegan.  Feel free to use one of the alternate sweeteners that I have listed in the ingredients.  :)

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup honey or honey alternative like brown rice syrup or agave
1/4 cup aged white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
White pepper, black pepper and sea salt to taste (start with 1/8th tsp each and increase from there)

DIRECTIONS
Whisk all of the ingredients in a small jar. Before using, let the sauce rest for a few minutes to allow the flavors to properly meld together.
Put the lid on the jar when you're done using the sauce and refrigerate for up to a week!
Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment