29 June 2012

Pies, Picnics and Kombucha!


Hi Friends!  Happy Summer!

In honor of this wonderful change of season and heat wave, I thought I would share what I've been up to lately!


A wonderful summer berry pie : cherries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries!







Oh! And here is some picnic-ready vegan egg salad. It's tofu based mixed with vegan mayo, pickles, celery, mustard, onions, garlic, black Indian salt and some other yummy things. Delicious on some toasted Kamut bread and topped with lots of lettuce and sprouts!



And here is my green and black tea Kombucha! I waited soooooooooo long for my mushroom to grow and every minute was worth it. I chose to make my mushroom from scratch, using a bottle of store bought, raw Kombucha. You can find directions here. If you're a little more pressed for time, you can order a mature mushroom online. Can't wait to experiment with flavors! Lemon ginger sounds good!








More fun to come! :)




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that pie looks great! I would have loved to have seen a slice of it, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, blessedmama! :)
      You're right- I really should have taken a shot of the sliced pie. Guess this means I'll just have to bake another one! :)

      Delete