03 September 2012

Tahini Parsley Sauce!

Happy September, y'all! I want to share this delicious creamy tahini salad dressing with you today.

I've had this recipe written down in one of my cookbooks for YEARS now. Yes... many, many years and I have no idea where I got it from or if I threw it together one day. It's simple, made with basic ingredients yet FABULOUS. Use it over plain old lettuce or mixed greens, as a dip or drizzled over steamed veg!


Ingredients


1/2 cup smooth tahini

1/2 cup cold filtered water

4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

2 Tbsp flax oil

1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 tsp paprika (smoked, Hungarian or Spanish, etc)

1/2 tsp sea salt


1/4 tsp fresh black pepper


1/4 cup packed fresh parsley, minced



Directions


In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well using a whisk. If you prefer the dressing a little thinner then add more water, if you want it thicker, either start of with less water or add a little more tahini.
Let dressing sit for about a half hour in order to allow the flavors to develop. Or ideally overnight!



ENJOY! :)

4 comments: