I haven't deep fried a single thing in way too long and I figured it was finally time to do something about it. So this morning I went out to buy some apples so that I could whip up a cinnamon infused batter to fry! Verdict? Delicious! Crispy on the outside and soft and delicious on the inside! But the real amazing part about these apple pie fritters is that they're really quick and easy to make since there's no yeast involved. Only baking powder! So they're a little caky-er than your typical, run of the mill apple fritter, but I'm totally okay with that! :)
Here's a recipe so that you can go and make these now!
Combine the following ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- 140g organic all purpose flour
- 60g cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut milk beverage, or any non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup plain cultured coconut milk, or use plain soy or almond yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 small, peeled and chopped apples
- some kind of light oil like canola or safflower, enough for frying
Directions: Drop spoonfuls of batter into 350F oil and fry for about 5 minutes or until browned! Fry time will depend on the size of your fritters. While fritters are still warm, drench in icing sugar glaze made of icing sugar and coconut milk! Yum!