12 July 2014

Nutter Butters!



Crispy edges, chewy centers. The perfect cookie, am I right?
These are so peanuty, they're nuts!
I added in some chocolate chunks, but they're not even necessary. But obviously recommended.
Got this recipe from one of my fave books: Ms Cupcake! Can't wait to try their apple fritter recipe! And that's saying a lot since I despite deep frying!!

Here y'all go with the recipe!

In a large, bowl, cream the following ingredients together using an electric mixer. The batter will turn a lighter shade of brown and will be a little fluffy. This should only take 1-2 minutes.
- 270 g crunchy peanut butter (salted)
- 125 g vegan butter (I like the vegan Becel brand)
- 130 g pure maple syrup
- 80 g cane sugar
- 60 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch baking soda
- pinch of salt only if your PB is unsalted

Put down the mixer and gently fold in about 2 cups (240 g) of all purpose flour in 3 separate batches using a strong spatula. The batter will be a little sticky. Mix in a generous handful of peanuts and chocolate chunks.

Scoop about 15 large balls of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Lightly flatten each one with the tins of a nice fork, forming a decorative criss-cross pattern.
Bake cookies at 325 degrees F for about ten minutes or until edges or golden brown. Cool before eating or else they will crumble! Or maybe you don't care so much about that- I don't! Hehe Have a nice day and enjoy your cookies!

2 comments:

  1. Cookieesss!!! I love them so much and the only reason i don't learn how to bake them is because i'm diabetic and i know i will be making them all the time for myself if I learn how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i'm new to baking and loved this post. I will certainly be keeping track of your blog and would love to see more great posts from you.

    ReplyDelete