2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1-1.5 cups full fat coconut milk, chilled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir to evenly combine ingredients.
- Slowly mix in 1 cup of coconut milk, adding more if necessary. Batter should be slightly tacky yet manageable. Be careful not to overmix!
- Shape dough into a disk or into a rectangle and cut into 8 pieces.
- Brush tops of scones with a mix of coconut milk and maple syrup and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the scones comes out relatively clean.