18 January 2012

2 delicious variations of Caesar-ish salad dressing!


Here is a real recipe, measurements and all, for my Caesar-Like Salad Dressing which I blogged about earlier this month.
At the time, I was just so excited about the dressing that I could not wait to figure out measurements before sharing the love with you.
I just had to get the ingredients to you straight away.

I'm so excited to have finally recorded them for you (and me). Now we can be sure to enjoy it for years and years to come!
YAY! :)

I've also included the recipe that originally inspired Caesar-Like Salad DressingLemony Caper Dressing.
The later has been kicking around my kitchen for years! It was in need of a mini makeover, which is just what I did!






Caesar-Like Dressing
Blend the following ingredients in a high powered blender :

2 Tbsp + 1 tsp water
2 Tbsp DHA flax oil
2 Tbsp tahini
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp natural Dijon-style mustard (not the grainy kind)
1 tsp coarsely chopped garlic
1 tsp mini capers, packed
1/2 tsp caper juice
1/8th tsp white pepper
1/8th tsp fine sea salt

PS : The dressing is meant to be a little on the thicker side. It also works well as a veggie dip!
 If you prefer a thinner dressing just thin it out with a little water or more oil.






Lemony Caper Dressing
 Blend the following ingredients in a high powered blender :


2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp minced garlic
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2-3 Tbsp capers and juice
3/8th tsp sea salt
3/8th white pepper
1 + 1/2 cup grapeseed oil


Notes 

My greens of choice to accompany either one of these dressings is a mix of romaine lettuce, sunflower sprouts and baby arugula.

Thinly sliced white button mushrooms are pretty as well as tasty.

Make some delicious olive oil and garlic croutons to toss into you salad.

Sprinkle a little vegan Parm
over your salad.
Top your salad with some Tempeh or Coconut Bacon.







No comments:

Post a Comment